Wednesday, May 18, 2011

lilah collection inspiration board

lilah collection inspiration board
When I begin thinking about the next collection I create, it seems to always start the same way...
{fabric swatches}
{photos from magazines}
{paint color chips}
{ribbons}
...and then somehow they end up pinned onto one of my many bulletin boards.

When I worked at Ralph Lauren, this was always the initial way a collection was started...except that it was done on a whole wall in a design room dedicated to this process.  These walls were then photographed and throughout the design process were always referred back to.  I guess this is another concept I learned from Ralph...excuse me, .. Mr. Lauren.

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to see your inspiration board! I love it. The title of your blog is perfect! I look forward to seeing the rest of your collection.

    ReplyDelete