Wednesday, June 8, 2011

the Lilah Tank Dress {in the making. }

a view from my design room...
IMG_4904_edited-1
So... it usually starts out with a messy work table! I
start playing around with one fabric, then bring another out, then another, another....yep, another.  But, I hate to work in a mess, so I eventually sort through the pile.
IMG_4913_edited-1
When making multiples, it's easier to get all the parts complete, and then assemble in steps.  The polka dot for the skirt, the eyelet knit for the tank top, the turquoise for the ruffle corsage, and the grosgrain bows. And, of course...I can't leave out the ruffles!!!
IMG_4953_edited-1

I love making ruffles!
 I love to keep my design room filled with them...almost as a functional decoration ;)

IMG_4889_edited-1

And once the final product is assembled...it gets to hang with the other pieces in the collection.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andrea, you are so wonderful!!! Your ideas just amaze me. And the colors.. and the ruffles... and... :)

    ReplyDelete